What is Dok-It Online®?
Dok-It Online ® is a highly encrypted Web-Based asset inventory and management program that enables you to easily inventory and securely store detailed, pertinent information (photos, serial/make & model numbers, scanned receipts, warranties, and appraisals) about any item of value that you own from personal belongings, to copies of vital documents and business assets.
Dok-It Online ® is globally accessible from any computer or PDA with Internet capabilities. In the event of a burglary, or natural or man-made disaster, you can quickly e-mail detailed reports of what was lost or damaged to the desk-top of your insurance agent and law enforcement personnel.
Dok-It Online® is an IDEAL SECURITY and DISASTER PREPAREDNESS SOLUTION for Home Owners, Businesses, Schools & Non-Profit Organizations.
Dok-It Online® provides PEACE of MIND by SIMPLIFYING and EXPEDITING the Inventory and Reporting Process. Dok-It Online® MINIMIZES the Disruption of your normal life and work patterns after disaster strikes.
When life throws you the unexpected curve-ball,
Dok-It Online® is YOUR Personal Solution to being PREPARED.
Life Happens! Be Prepared.
Why Be Prepared with a Dok-It Online® Home/Business Inventory?
Having an accurate, organized and easy to modify Dok-It Online® listing of your assets:
- Helps you calculate accurate insurance coverage so you are not over/under-paying for insurance. It also helps you decide whether to obtain actual cash value or replacement coverage. ”
- Actual Cash Value” is the replacement cost of an item damaged or destroyed at the time of loss, with deduction for depreciation. So, if a 6 year old TV is stolen/damaged/or destroyed you only receive payment for the going-price for a 6 year old TV.
- Replacement Cost provides coverage on the basis of full replacement cost without deduction for depreciation on any loss sustained. So, even if a 6 year old TV is stolen/damaged/or destroyed you receive payment to replace your TV with a new set similar to the 6 year old TV.
- Helps increase your chances of recovering items stolen during a burglary.
- Providing law enforcement with a detailed list of stolen items within the first 24-48 hours after a burglary increases your chance of recovering your items.
- This also benefits your insurance coverage because if you recover your items you will not have to file insurance claims, which ultimately affect your premiums.
- Having a Dok-It Online® inventory is superior to video taping or having a spreadsheet of your contents.
- Dok-It Online® is superior to video taping because it allows for detailed documentation of all pertinent information (make, model, serial numbers, receipt, & warranty information) about the asset right alongside digital pictures of the assets. Video tape on the other hand, only helps you remember what you owned because it more than likely will not show you the detailed information necessary to file an insurance claim or law enforcement report.
- Similarly, Dok-It Online® is superior to spreadsheets because it is difficult to incorporate photos, receipt and warranty copies into spreadsheets.